Welcome to Maple! We are the EYFS.
Welcome to the Early Years Team: Miss Hurley, Mrs May and Miss Scott-Hake We welcome children in the Early Years (Nursery and Reception) into our class.
We have a different topic every half term. All the children have the opportunity to participate in an adult led phonics and maths activity every morning. We also have exciting challenges to explore within our enhanced provision. We know that purposeful play is REALLY important and we love to explore our Busy Bee Challenges. The children will have many opportunities to learn in our lovely outdoor environment too. This term we are joined by ‘Scrum Kids’ who will be a leading multi-sport session on Tuesday afternoons.
We follow the curriculum guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum.
Work is planned across seven areas of learning:
• Personal, social and emotional development
• Communication and language: listening and attention, understanding, speaking
• Physical development: moving and handling, health and self-care
• Literacy: reading and writing
• Mathematics: numbers, counting, shape, and measure
• Understanding the world: RE, Science, History, Geography and ICT
• Expressive arts and design